Adoptees Giving Back – 2013 Orphan Service Trip
June 16 – 28, 2013
An opportunity some can only dream of – giving back to the orphans still waiting in the orphanages.
ADOPTEEN is very excited to announce the first ever, Adoptees Giving Back - Orphan Service Trip to China, lead by ADOPTEEN Co-Directors, Amy and Art, and CCAI President, Joshua.
This 12-day trip will not only allow you to experience the best of Chinese heritage in Beijing, Xi’An, and Henan Province, but will, most importantly, provide an invaluable opportunity to volunteer at orphanages – holding and feeding babies, teaching older kids English, playing fun games with children with special needs, decorating nursery rooms, and much more!
Take a look at the Trip Itinerary here!
Please apply to be a part of this life-changing adventure if you are:
- 15 years or older by June 16, 2013
- Extremely passionate and very caring
- Very positive and a good team player
- Tough and flexible
- Can adapt to the many challenges of international travel (i.e. food, weather, and many other life-inconveniences, such as a squatty potty :))
The total in-China cost is $850/volunteer only. This incredible deal is made possible by a generous grant from China Heritage Tour Fund and CCAI’s Children Charity Fund. The cost covers:
- All transportation in China
- All accommodations (two kids per room)
- All tour and show entrance fees
- Most meals, orphanage service activities, supplies, and donations
- All Adopteen activities
Due to the nature of this trip, the 2013 Giving Back - Orphan Service Trip will only be taking 30 volunteers to China. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
Each volunteer will need to provide the following upon applying:
- Basic contact information and birth date
- If known; Traveler’s Chinese name, orphanage, province, and adoption date
- Service Trip Travel Release signed by you and your parent/legal guardian (mail/fax/scan)
- TWO personal references (cannot be family member, one needs to be a teacher)
- ESSAY addressing the following question honestly and thoroughly (1200 word limit)
Why do you want to go on this service trip?
- $200 registration fee (please see FAQ's for more info)
If accepted, each volunteer will need to provide the following:
- A copy of your Adoption Certificate (mail/fax/scan) (What is this?)
- A copy of your U.S. passport (mail/fax/scan)
- The remaining $650 trip fee by April 1, 2013
Applications will be reviewed on a first-in basis.
*Please understand that submitting your application does not guarantee acceptance for the Adoptees Giving Back - Orphan Service Trip. It is strongly advised that you do not make anticipatory travel arrangements until you receive a response regarding the status of your application.*
Applications are now closed.